Gastric Balloon in Turkey 101 Guide
The Full Guide to Gastric Balloon Operation in Turkey Istanbul
This procedure is a temporary treatment that lasts 6-9 months after which it is removed. Since they do not require surgical steps, they are performed under local anesthesia and usually take no more than half an hour.
Table of contents:
What is a gastric balloon operation in Turkey?
It is one of the latest non-surgical treatment procedures used in reducing weight and decreasing the amount of food consumed. The idea of the operation is to reduce the size of the stomach by inserting a silicone balloon into the stomach and then filling it with liquid solution or gas.
Who are the candidates for a gastric balloon procedure?
Although the stomach balloon procedure is simple, it may not suit all obese people as it does not suit those under the age of 18, or who suffer from local accumulations of fat or who suffer from gastritis or the presence of ulcers.
Gastric balloon operation in Turkey is the most appropriate option if the BMI is between 30-35 kg/m2 but if the BMI is higher, it will be less effective.
The most important steps to follow before undergoing a gastric balloon operation:
- A full evaluation of the patient condition by the competent doctor including taking the patient's health history, performing all necessary tests, and making a gastrointestinal endoscopy to make sure there are no ulcers or birth defects.
- Discuss the patient's expectations, fears, the expected outcome of the operation and the complications that can occur.
- The procedure requires refraining from eating and drinking several hours before the operation.
Gastric balloon procedures at Best Clinics in Turkey:
The Department of Obesity Treatment at Best Clinics is characterized by a distinguished group of doctors and specialists in this field who are highly skilled in dealing with different conditions and using the latest technology reached by science to treat obesity. After the medical evaluation process by the specialists in our clinics and to ensure that the gastric balloon operation is the most appropriate procedure, the following steps are taken:
- Anesthesia procedure: The gastric balloon does not require complete anesthesia, but is limited to partial anesthesia, as well as the use of sedatives to ensure that the operation proceeds calmly and comfortably.
- A balloon made of silicone material is inserted by an oral endoscope.
- The balloon is then filled with a sterile solution or hydrogen gas depending on the type of balloon used.
As we mentioned, this is a temporary procedure that lasts only several months and focuses on getting the best results during this period. As with other bariatric procedures, it must be accompanied by a healthy and balanced diet and regular exercise to achieve satisfactory results. During this period, 20-30 kg of excess weight can be eliminated, giving a strong psychological motivation to the patient to maintain a healthier, more fit and more youthful body after the operation.
After the intended period, the balloon is emptied and then removed using a gastrointestinal endoscope.
Advantages of a gastric balloon operation in Turkey:
- A non-surgical procedure that does not require incisions, stitches, or scars after the operation.
- Does not require total anesthesia and is therefore considered one of the safest and simplest bariatric procedures.
- It is very effective in losing weight if you committed to the doctor's instructions.
- Low costs compared to surgical bariatric treatments.
Are there side effects of a gastric balloon operation in Turkey?
As any remedial procedure can be accompanied by some collateral damage but it is considered minor damage due to the simplicity of the process. The days after the operation may be accompanied by some stomach disorders such as nausea, vomiting or pain, but most of these symptoms go away in a short time and analgesics or some auxiliary drugs can be used as recommended by your doctor.
If you continue to feel these symptoms, see your doctor who may have to remove the balloon.
Why is Best Clinics Turkey the best in this field?
Best Clinics are one of the finest clinics for obesity treatments, with a team of professionals in the field. It also provides an atmosphere of comfort and confidence for the patient throughout the treatment by ensuring the reception procedures from the airport, hotel reservations and providing a means of transport with an interpreter who is fluent in the patient's language and Turkish language. If you're dreaming of a slim and healthy body at affordable prices and a comfortable atmosphere, Best Clinics is your choice.